Exciting news, everyone! I'm leaving for PARIS OH MY GOD I'M GOING TO PARIS in two days! Before I go, I'd like to share with you my Top 10 Funny Kid-isms that I heard in the past few months. I hope you enjoy them.
1) Kid: "How do you use the word 'devoted' in a sentence?"
Me: "What's something you really believe in?"
Kid: "Wait, let me ask my mom."
Strong convictions, this one has.
2) Teen: "Bullying is bad. I'm strongly anti-bullying. Unless it's your sibling. Then it's okay." Can't argue with that.
3) Teen: "You know [band name]?"
Me: "No. I don't know any new music."
Teen: "They're not new. They're old. Like, your age."
LONG HEAVY SIGH.
4) Kid: "My opinion is, never eat anything with an eyeball still on it."
This kid is now my nutritionist.
5) Kid: "Love hurts so much."
6) Kid: "Is there Teen Time today?"
Me: "No, unfortunately it's been suspended because we're short a librarian."
Kid: "I guess TWO of us are suspended, then."
Ouch. True, but ouch.
7) Kid: "I wish that, like, when you wished for money, it would just come out.
That would be a miracle."
Not sure where it would come out FROM, but it sounds good to me.
8) Me (during a class visit): "When a library book is late, what do you have to pay?"
Not quite right, but I'll take it.
9) Kid: "I wish there was a time machine in the library so I could go get my library card."
I can think of no better use for a time machine.
And finally, my favorite:
10) I asked the kids in my class visit if they had any questions. A boy raised his hand and said "Are you going to stop talking now?"
Daaaaaaamn. Well, at least it was an honest question.
Have a great week, everyone! Au revoir!